Monday, December 15, 2008

Let's Try this Again!

I don't consider myself all that great at finishing reading challenges; however, that doesn't mean that I don't like signing up for them and deciding which books I want to read. It's fun to look through all the books I have patiently waiting to be read and try to match them up with these creative reading challenges. I will try not to sign up for too many in 2009, but I'm not going to make any hasty promises. The first one I'm signing up for is one that I haven't attempted in the past -- What's in a Name? Go take a look at Annie's blog for the official rules.

These are my choices for this challenge (so far):

What’s in a Name Challenge 2009

  • A book with a profession in its title: The Archivist by Martha Cooley OR Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
  • A book with the time of day in its title: The Curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon
  • A book with a relative in its title: The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger OR The Good Mother by Sue Miller OR The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards OR The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
  • A book with a body part in its title: One Foot in Eden by Ron Rash
  • A book with a building in its title: Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson
  • A book with a medical condition in its title: Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

We'll see how this one goes. I'm excited about my choices for this one. To make it even better, all of these are books from my own personal stacks, so I'm not buying new books.

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

I love how you preface your announcement to join this challenge by saying you aren't great at finishing them. :-) I didn't do so great this year with the challenges I signed up for, but it sure was fun to make the lists and try! Good luck with this one! I'm considering whether to sign up for this one too.

Lisa said...

literary feline, what can I say? I'm a realist. hehe

Iliana said...

Yea, I don't finish most of the challenges I join but it's just so much fun. Hope you enjoy doing this one!

Lisa said...

iliana, I'm beginning to get over the guilt of not finishing all the challenges that I attempt. I'm used to finishing anything I start. So, it took a little while. Now, I join with abandon and let the chips fall where they may. hehe