Monday, February 16, 2009

Book Love

I had a great Valentine's Day even though my hubby had to work until 7:30 PM. I called in a take out at a steak house and we ate at home since it would have been very crowded by that time of the evening on Valentine's Day. My wonderful husband bought me a gorgeous pink ornamental lily that can be planted after it warms up a little. It is just full of blooms. He also bought me two books that I've been wanting -- The Good Thief and The Reader. I 've been wanting to see The Reader at the movies, but I wanted to read the book first. I should have taken a picture, but you all know I'm really bad at that. I love seeing everyone's lovely book stacks, but I never seem to get around to taking any photos of mine. With my lovely new acquisitions, I've put The Story of Edgar Sawtelle aside for now and started The Reader. I'm only a couple chapters in, but so far I'm liking it (even though the subject matter is a little disturbing).

4 comments:

Becca said...

I just finished The Reader...not one of my favorites, but it reads quickly. I have The Book Thief on my shelf ready to read.

I love getting these nice take out dinners and eating at home in my jammies!

Lisa said...

becca, the older I get the more I like staying home!

Iliana said...

Sounds like a wonderful VDay! We skipped a restaurant too and had a great time hanging out with friends instead. Enjoy your books. I read the Reader a long time ago - I remember liking it but it's been forever. I really want to see the movie too!

Lisa said...

iliana, it really was a nice Valentine's Day. I've finished the book now and am trying to figure out what I want to say about it. I liked the book, but I think I'll have a hard time putting it into words(as usual).