Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Orbis Terrarum


I've decided to join this challenge because I'd like to read more books by authors outside the U.S. The rules for this one are simple:



  • Read 9 books between April 1 and December 20
  • Books must be by 9 different authors from 9 different countries
  • Overlaps with other challenges are allowed

Here are the ones I've chosen so far, although I may change my mind later. Believe it or not, these are all books that I already have on my tbr pile, so I didn't have to buy anything for this one.

  • Mosaic Crimes (Italy)
  • The Book Thief (Australia)
  • Alias Grace (Canada)
  • Lolita (Russia)
  • Love in the Time of Cholera (Colombia)
  • Love Over Scotland (Scotland)
  • Secret Lives of People in Love (England)
  • Shadow of the Wind (Spain)
  • Picture of Dorian Gray (Ireland)

Want to join me?

4 comments:

Jill said...

You have some fantastic books on your list - Shadow of the Wind and The Book Thief are such compelling books in such different ways. I really hope you enjoy them.

I haven't read Alias Grace, so I will be curious to read your review!

=) Jill

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

Great list!! I am reading a couple on your list, and I can't wait for your reviews on others of them to know if I should be tempted.

WELCOME!!!

Make sure you check back in April, I'll have some updates...we'll also have Mr. linky that you can link your book reviews to so that we all can take a look.

Again, welcome.

Iliana said...

What a great list of books - you've got some of my most favorite books in your list!
I'm still working on my list and need to post it soon. Have fun with the challenge!

Lisa said...

jill, I can't believe that I haven't read The Book Thief or The Shadow of the Wind, yet. I've had them since they first came out but haven't read them, yet. I'm not sure why I do that. I get really excited by a book and then don't seem to pick it up right away once I get it home.

bethany, I'm so glad I found your challenge because I really do need to branch out and read more from other parts of the world. I know my list is still somewhat eurocentric, but I tried to use books that I already had on my tbr pile!

iliana, I look forward to seeing what you choose. This challenge seems as if its really going to be fun.